Vascular imaging provides pictures of the body’s veins and arteries. A Doppler ultrasound, which allows physicians to evaluate blood flow through arteries and veins, is often part of a vascular ultrasound examination. Vascular imaging helps physicians evaluate:
- Blockages to blood flow such as clots
- Narrowing of vessels
- Tumors and congenital vascular malformations
- Reduced or absent blood flow to various organs
- Greater than normal blood flow to different areas
Determining the presence and characteristics of vascular flow is an essential part of sonography. Small vessels and low velocities are often difficult to image. In addition:
- Vessels deep in the body are harder to see than superficial vessels
- Smaller vessels are more difficult to image and evaluate than larger vessels
Microvascular imaging is a technique to optimize the visibility of very small vascular structures without the use of contrast, detecting slower velocities that Color or Power Doppler flow imaging cannot. It can help:
- Visualize tiny vascular anatomy, aiding a patient’s diagnosis and treatment
- Provide rapid confirmation of blood flow or absent flow
Microvascular Imaging with Samsung’s RS85
The RS85 is Samsung’s advanced premium ultrasound system that provides enhanced image quality and convenience for medical professionals. When it comes to microvascular imaging, this system enables radiologists to:
- Visualize slow flow microvascularized structures with MV-FlowTM, an alternative to Color Doppler. High frame rates and advanced filtering enable MV-FlowTM to provide a detailed view of blood flow in relation to surrounding tissue or pathology with enhanced spatial resolution and temporal resolution.
- Clearly visualize vessels and blood flow for a more informed and confident diagnosis with Samsung’s technologies, VesselMaxTM and FlowMaxTM.
- Detect functional changes of vessels. Since functional changes occur before morphological changes, the Arterial AnalysisTM technology enables the early detection of cardiovascular disease.
- Simplify volume measurement of plaque. Samsung’s S-3D Arterial AnalysisTM provides 3D vessel modeling, making it fast and easy even on difficult patients while allowing you to track the morphological changes of the artery.
- Measure the thickness of the common carotid artery. Auto-IMT TM can help to diagnose the possibility of stroke and cardiac disorder.
Watch the video on the Samsung Ultrasound RS85. The RS85 is now 510(k) with the FDA. Learn more about the advanced ultrasound imaging solutions Samsung, a leader in medical imaging technology, has to meet your imaging needs. Contact MID today using our online form or call (800) 898-3392.
Medical Imaging Distribution is the exclusive US partner for Samsung’s healthcare imaging equipment. We are proud to bring you local sales, support, and service anywhere in the U.S.