A rapidly growing area of medicine today is interventional radiology, those who specialize in minimally invasive, targeted treatments performed using imaging guidance. The benefit to the patient is that these procedures don’t involve large incisions and offer less risk, less pain and shorter recovery times.
Examples of procedures considered interventional include:
- Needle Biopsy
Perform Interventional Procedures with Confidence
When your radiologists need to be able to guide small instruments, such as catheters, to diagnose or treat health conditions, you want to have the most accurate tools available.
Samsung pushes the boundaries of ultrasound technology with leading technologies including S-Fusion and S-Tracking to give radiologists increased accuracy when performing interventional procedures.
- S-Tracking: increases the rate of accuracy during interventional procedures by providing the simulated path of the needle and the target mark in the live ultrasound image.
- Clear Track: one function provided by S-Tracking, ensures accuracy by using a specialized needle with a sensor tip.
- Virtual Track: another function provided by S-Tracking, uses conventional needles to provide accuracy.
- S-FusionTM: enables precise targeting during interventional procedures. Samsung’s Auto Registration feature helps to quickly and precisely fuse the images, increasing efficiency and reducing procedure time.
- S-FusionTM for Prostate: allows precise targeting during prostate biopsies, providing biopsy guidance to help safely navigate and target the prostate.
- NeedlemateTM: ensures precise needle targeting when performing commonly used interventional procedures.
Watch the video to learn more about Clear Track and Virtual Track.
Learn more about the advanced ultrasound imaging solutions Samsung, a leader in medical imaging technology, has to meet your imaging needs. Contact MID today using our online form or call (800) 898-3392.
Medical Imaging Distribution is the exclusive US partner for Samsung’s healthcare imaging equipment. We are proud to bring you local sales, support, and service anywhere in the U.S.