Digital Radiography in Orthopedics
Over the past 15 years, radiography has been transitioning to digital. Initially, this technology was used by many large hospitals; today, it is being used by medical practices of all sizes and all specialties.
For orthopedic specialists, x-rays are an important diagnostic tool in treating many conditions, such as:
- Broken bones, including identifying bone fractures
- Joint replacements
- Spine, back and neck problems, including scoliosis
- Sports injuries
- Hand, wrist, shoulder and elbow conditions
Digital radiography has many benefits to orthopedists:
- Image quality is superior. The digital format offers sharper images and the ability to enhance the image. This capability is especially helpful for orthopedists as its increased image quality allows better visualization of hairline fractures.
- Produces better images for improved diagnosis. The ability to enhance the contrast and sharpness means orthopedists get the highest quality images enabling them to make the proper diagnosis and develop the best treatment plans.
- Image acquisition is faster. Digital radiography produces images within 3 seconds, instead of traditional x-ray film or CR readers, making DR incredibly faster than a traditional X-Ray which means shorter wait time for patients.
- Safer for patients. Digital radiography reduces the X-Ray exposure patients receive during an exam, making it a safer X-Ray experience.
- Improved efficiency. With electronic transmissions, that means no more lost X-Ray files and no need for film storage racks or film duplication. X-Rays are easily locatable and it is easy to burn a CD for patients’ physicians.
- Lowered expenses. Digital radiography uses direct capture images meaning that the x-rays can be viewed without the expense of film preparation, dark rooms and chemicals.
Samsung DR Solutions Meet Orthopedists Diverse Imaging Needs
Spatial-resolution and high-quality, detailed images are crucial in orthopedic imaging. Samsung’s DR systems support greater contrast levels than CR or film-based systems. This brings out enhanced fine bone and soft-tissue details, providing better image quality on difficult exams such as spinal, pelvic, hip and even with larger patients.
Many orthopedic practices perform long leg and scoliosis image stitching, where 2-5 images need to be composed into one. Samsung provides a smart stitching feature that automatically combines multiple images into one seamless image. This offers orthopedists a greater diagnostic clarity over separate images and eliminates the need for a technologist to manually stitch the images. With Samsung’s unique S-Guide technology, setting up the stitching exam is faster than ever.
Every medical facility no matter the size has different clinical needs. Samsung’s DR products are versatile with the ability to meet the needs of any size orthopedic facility.
Other features you’ll find with our DR products include:
- Improved diagnostic capability with Samsung S-Detector. Display the patient’s body structure clearly and easily without increasing the dose. The efficiency of radiation and spatial
resolution are improved compared to previous indirect type detectors.
- High-quality images with S-Vue. Deliver dependable and accurate diagnoses and provide enhanced image contrast and sharpness. Thick and thin areas are clearly distinguished so that overlapping areas and contours are more sharply displayed.
- SimGrid reduces alignment errors, lowers retake rates and allows superior image quality.
- Designed with flexibility. The X-Ray table moves with flexibility, making it easier and more comfortable to position patients for scanning who have injuries and/or mobility issues.
Are you familiar with the Section 179 tax deduction? Through this, businesses can deduct the full purchase price of qualifying equipment purchased or financed during the tax year from their gross income.
- The deduction is valid on new and used equipment.
- Equipment must be purchased and put into service between January 1 to December 31, 2018.
- Maximum amount is $1,000,000.
Moving from a CR system to DR just got easier.
Calculate your potential tax savings with the 179 Tax Deduction Tool.
Medical Imaging Distribution is the exclusive US partner for Samsung’s healthcare imaging equipment.
We are proud to bring you local sales, support, and service anywhere in the U.S.